This is one of my all-time favourite breakfasts. It takes no time at all to prep, and means breaky is ready as soon as you wake up! It’ll last a few days in the fridge so you can make a big batch for the week, and add a little extra coconut or almond milk each day to keep it from getting too dry. You can also make it in a jar so breakfast is portable and then there’s no excuses for eating a healthy breaky to keep you going until lunch.
- 1/3 cup natural oats (you could also use cooked quinoa or amaranth)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp LSA
- 2-2 tbsp frozen blueberries (can use fresh)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp of nuts and seeds of choice e.g. almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Enough water or coconut and almond milk to cover oats
- 1-2 tbsp natural yoghurt (to stir through in the morning)
Place all ingredients in a bowl, pour in water or milk (or half and half) so there is enough to cover all the ingredients. Let soak overnight in the fridge.
In the morning stir through 1-2 tbsp natural yoghurt or a dash of extra milk if you need. Almond or quinoa milk are nice to use as they both have some sweetness and are high in nutrients.
Instead of frozen berries, you can stir through grated apple in the morning.
Photo credit: Pinterest