I think eggs are one of the best breakfasts one can eat. Some clients tell me they find it a little difficult to eat eggs for breakfast as they think they take too long to cook, or they’re messy, or they just don’t know how to cook them well. Well, here is your answer! These little egg muffins were inspired by a friend and I thought they sounded so delicious that I quickly created a really easy recipe which makes having eggs for breakfast the simplest thing in the world. Make these at night (they can cook in the oven while you’re eating dinner) and in the morning, all you have to do is open the fridge and TA DA, breakfast is served!
- 6 organic eggs (2 per person)
- Leftover sautéed green veggies (I used Brussels sprouts, kale, leek and zucchini leftover from dinner)
- Olive oil or coconut oil to grease muffin tins
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease your muffin tin (I used a 6-muffin tin).
- Place veggies in the base of the muffin tin and flatten them down a little.
- Crack 1 egg on top of the veggies.
- Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg has cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool. Serve immediately or place in the fridge and enjoy for breakfast. Or lunch (with some extra salad) or dinner (with some extra veggies) or as a snack.