This is a great salad and would be perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s really high in protein from all the eggs, quinoa, nuts, feta or hummous (or a little of both!) and good fats from the avocado, feta, hummous, eggs and dressing. You can use whatever leftovers you may have in the fridge. Brown rice would also suit here, if you didn’t have quinoa.
- 2 eggs, boiled to your liking, or poached
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2-3 tbsp leftover quinoa (a high protein seed with a lovely, nutty flavour and soft and fluffy texture)
- 2-3 handfuls leaves e.g. baby spinach, rocket, butter lettuce
- 1 tbsp feta or hummous
- Handful of lightly steamed green beans or any other leftover veggies or salad veggies you’d like.
- 1/4 avocado
- Combine all ingredients.
- Toss a dressing through – I like a simple dressing of apple cider vinegar and either olive or flaxseed oil, with a little salt and pepper.