This delicious smoothie is high in protein, which will aid muscle repair and recovery post-exercise, as well as help to boost your immune system due to the kefir (a fermented yoghurt-like drink with high in probiotics) and the vitamin C content of the raspberries, blueberries and goji berries, plus it contains cleansing and detoxifying spirulina and other green goodies.
- 1 cup almond milk (I like Pure Harvest as it’s sweetened with rice syrup, not agave)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 tsp spirulina or superfood greens powder
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries or berries of choice
- 10-20ml of kefir (I like Babushka’s kefir, found in health food stores and some green grocers)
- 1 scoop natural whey, pea or rice protein (I use chocolate but vanilla would work too)
- a splash of water ready if it’s too thick
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend.
- Top with crushed nuts and goji berries, or Loving Earth’s Deluxe Buckinis.
And here it is again (it’s a favourite!)